Jan 12, 2016
In the second part of our two part series on negatives in
political campaigns, Tina and I discuss how to respond when you are
attacked. Negative political attacks are just a part of politics.
If you are going to be running for local office, then you need to
be prepared with the knowledge of how to respond in a way that
helps your campaign and hurts your candidates.
I am excited to have Tina back on the podcast today as we finish
up our series. We both have had a lot of experience with
successfully responding to negative campaign attacks. We share some
of our best tips on how to diffuse a situation before it ruins your
run for office.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why defending yourself from negative political attacks
is challenging- learn why it can be difficult to prove
that negative attacks are lies
- What you can do to prove the truth- learn
different approaches to proving the negative attacks are not
- How early voting is helping attacked candidates
- learn how early voting can help you defend yourself from
- What mediums to use to defend yourself- learn
what mediums to consider using to respond to negative attacks
- Why legal cases against negative attacks don’t
help- learn why liable and defamation laws won’t help
protect your political campaign from attacks
- When to consider ignoring negative political
attacks- learn when it would be in your best interest to
ignore false negative attacks
- What to do with true negatives against you-
learn what steps to take to make sure that the news comes out on
Thank you for listening!